Deadline: May 1.
Nomination Form to OSFGC President, email@example.com
Link to nomination form
This award is in honor of Suzy Twist Powell, who was the quintessential garden club member. It is presented annually at the OSFGC Convention.
Suzy promoted excellence in floral design through her skillful and artistic craftsmanship, active support of flower show schools and symposiums, organization of flower shows, and participation in the multiple activities of the garden club at all levels. She passed away in 2015, but her passion for floral design, gardening, and encouraging others through training and education will continue to be an inspiration for present and future gardeners and designers.
Nominations may be made by any club or club member belonging to the National Garden Club. Nominations by clubs are to be signed by the District Director and nominations by club members are to be signed by the Club President. The nominations are to be submitted to the OSFGC President. The names of the nominees will be hidden from the committee members.
The award will be administered by the Siskiyou Judges Council. The Award Committee will consist of the following:
- Flower Show Schedule Awards Chairman
- President of OSFGC Judges Councils
- One other Accredited Flower Show Judge appointed by the State President
The award will be given to an individual who is an active member of a local garden club, affiliated with the National Garden Clubs and has most fully met the following criteria:
- Is recognized by his/her peers as a skilled and artistic floral designer
- Has either chaired or served as a member of a National Garden Club flower show or symposium
- Has conducted a class or demonstrated floral design for a garden club belonging to the National Garden Club.